Aletheia House is a large nonprofit organization that earns most of its funding from federal, state, and local grants. It typically is managing 10-15 grants simultaneously. The accounting required to receive and manage these grants funds is often detailed and complex.
In addition, the Accounting Department manages the payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, ledgers and financial reporting for the organization, which has an annual budget of more than $14 million and more than 250 full- and part-time employees.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
The Accounting Director is responsible for:
- Directing the day-to-day activities of the accounting department staff
- Assigning tasks to members of the accounting department, and overseeing the completion of these tasks in a complete and timely manner
- Implementing consistent accounting policies, practices, and procedures across all accounting functions
- Managing and monitoring all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems to ensure compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements, as well as compliance the requirements of government contracts, loan agreements, leases, and other agreements.
- Ensuring the Accounting Department produces timely and accurate reports, including a statement of revenue and expenses and a cash flow projection
- Ensuring bank accounts are reconciled in an accurate and timely
- Ensuring grant funding requests are completed in a complete and timely manner
- Participating in the annual audit
- Working with the Chief Financial Officer to prepare the organization’s annual budget, United Way requests, program budgets and budgets for grant requests
- Developing and maintaining internal controls to safeguard the organization
- Working with the Chief Financial Officer to complete the initial closing of the books within 3.5 months following the end of the fiscal year (the final closing of the books will occur after the external audit has been completed).
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting
- Eight or more years of accounting experience
- Three or more years as an accounting manager required
- CPA highly preferred
- Experience with government grant accounting is desirable
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Competitive salary range: $85,000 – $105,000
- Major medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Performance bonus and retirement plan
- Generous vacation and paid time off policy
- Technology, education, and mileage allowance
TO EXPRESS YOUR INTEREST:
TO APPLY, submit your cover letter and resume prior to November 10, 2021. Send via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Accounting Director” in the subject line.
To ensure your resume is considered, PLEASE follow the submission process. And PLEASE – no direct emails or phone calls to Aletheia House staff. They are focused on the mission, while we’re focused on the Accounting Director search. Thank you.