Aletheia House is looking for an individual who wants to make a difference in the lives of individuals recovering from substance abuse.
The Assessment Therapist is responsible for providing psycho-social assessments to individuals seeking treatment for substance abuse disorders in the Madison County area and surrounding counties. The Assessment Therapist works closely with the Treatment Coordinator and Director of Behavioral Health to accomplish the mission and service goals of Aletheia House.
Location of Position: Huntsville, Alabama
- Conduct psycho-social assessments to individuals seeking treatment for substance abuse disorder in the Madison County area and surrounding counties, with an emphasis on potential program participants with an opioid use disorder.
- To make appropriate referrals based on assessment information
- Complete all assessment paperwork and submit for billing and review.
- Provide assessment counseling to potential program participants.
- Document all services in a timely complete and clinically appropriate manner.
- Submit all assessment paperwork for billing as required.
- Serve as liaison between clients and other service providers, as applicable.
- Attend staff meetings and in-service trainings as directed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Treatment Coordinator, Director of Behavioral Health, Chief Operating Officer and/or Executive Director.
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in counseling, psychology, social work or other behavioral health area with a clinical practicum – required.
- Must be eligible to be certified as a Medicaid provider.
- Current certification and/or licensure preferred.
$39,000.00 – $42,000.00 annual salary
- F/T, Exempt, Tuesday and Thursday 11:00 am – 7:00 pm, Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
- Total – 40 hours a week
Benefits are excellent including health insurance with dental, retirement, paid vacations and paid sick leave. We also provide educational opportunities that prepare counselors to become certified as Addiction Professionals
Individuals who are interested should fax cover letter, resume, and 3 questions with answers to 205-203-4843, or send an email with one attachment including cover letter, resume, and 3 questions with answers to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please insert in the subject line (ATH-0240).
To be considered for the position, you must submit in one attachment the following:
- Cover Letter
- 3 Questions – Three questions are as follows:
1. Why are you interested in this position?
2. What experiences, skills and passions would you bring to this position that would make us want to select you?
3. Who is the person in your life who knows the most about how you would perform in this position and what would they tell us about you if we called them?
* Please include all three documents in one attachment to be considered for candidacy.*
Thurs, 10/25/2018 – 5:00pm
Aletheia House is a United Way Agency.
Aletheia House is an Equal Opportunity Employer, who fully and actively supports equal access for all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information or Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Aletheia House prohibits retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint, or otherwise oppose discrimination.