Aletheia House is looking for an individual to provide community health services to adult men
and women who seek services from the mobile health unit or from the Aletheia House
Bessemer Neighborhood Health Center. The area served is Jefferson County.
The community health worker is responsible for providing education and screening services.
The community health worker works closely with the director of health services to accomplish
the mission and service goals of Aletheia House.
Location of Position: Bessemer Neighborhood Health Center
Office Location of Position: Bessemer, AL
1. Conduct HIV risk assessment on all eligible patients
2. Assist patients in developing a Risk Reduction Plan
3. Provide individual and/or group HIV education
4. Conduct HIV testing with health center patients
5. Provide linkage to care services for patients who test positive for HIV
6. Provide education about PrEP to health center patients and individuals in homeless
shelters and substance abuse treatment centers
7. Assist new and existing health center patients in obtaining PrEP
8. Work with providers of services for individuals who are experiencing homelessness to
conduct HIV testing, HIV prevention education and linkage to PrEP
-Perform other duties as assigned by the health services director, chief operating officer and/or
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
-Excellent writing, communication, organizational and time management skills with knowledge of
-Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel).
-Exceptional interpersonal skills to relate with program participants and resource providers.
-Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities.
-Ability to maintain harmonious effective working relationships with other employees
-Bachelor’s degree in behavioral health required
-Licensure or certification in HIV testing required
-Valid driver’s license and a good driving record required
-Motor Vehicle Report required
-Travel as needed
-Personal use of vehicle required
-Mileage reimbursement available
$34,000.00 – 40,000.00, Hours: 40
Full-time / Exempt, Monday-Thursday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. occasional after hours and
Benefits are excellent including health insurance with dental, retirement, paid vacations and
paid sick leave. We also provide educational opportunities that prepare counselors to become
Individuals who are interested should email a cover letter and resume to
firstname.lastname@example.org, apply at: www.specialkindofcaring.org, or fax cover letter and
resume to (205) 203-4843. Reference job code: (CHW-0485).
Open until filled