The Cook is responsible for overseeing the daily operational activities for the Birmingham residential facility regarding preparing meals and assuring the dining area and kitchen are up to food and safety standards. The Cook works closely with the Residential Supportive Services Manager to accomplish the mission and service goals of Aletheia House.
- Provide direct service to program participants in accordance with Aletheia House policies.
- Ensure that balanced nutritional meals (dinner) are provided.
- Ensure that all areas of the kitchen, dining area, pantry, cooking utensils, etc. are clean, neat,
organized, and stocked.
- Order supplies and groceries needed to perform essential job duties.
- Maintain an adequate inventory of all supplies.
- Ensure that all equipment, furniture, etc. is up to standards and safety codes.
- Implement a menu that provides adequate nutritional value.
- Maintain sanitation, health, and safety standards in work areas.
- Prepare meals, snacks, etc. for the agency in regards to special agency functions.
- Prepare menus for days that you will be off (regular scheduled off days and holidays).
- Prepare and serve beverages and food.
- Ensure that groceries delivered match inventory list and ensure that all items are stocked away.
- Order and take delivery of supplies.
- Complete required documentation in a timely and accurate manner.
- Report any program participant issues or program issues to proper personnel.
- Oversee volunteers and ensure that daily chores are done.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Residential Supportive Services Manager, Director of Behavioral Health, Chief Operating Officer, and/or Executive Director.
-Food Handlers permit preferred but not necessary.
-Minimum of five years experience preferred but not required.
-Must be able to speak, read, and understand basic cooking procedures.
-Understanding the knowledge of safety, sanitation, and food handling procedures.
$13.00 per hour
Part-time, Non-Exempt, Monday – Friday 2:00 pm – 6:00 pm (20 hours per week)
Individuals who are interested should fax cover letter and resume to 205-203-4843, or send an
Email with one attachment including cover letter and resume to the Director of Human Resources, email@example.com.
Please insert in the subject line the following job code CK-0279.
To be considered for the position, you must submit in one attachment the following:
- Cover Letter
* Please include all three documents in one attachment to be considered for candidacy.*
Aletheia House is a United Way Agency.
Aletheia House is an Equal Opportunity Employer, who fully and actively supports equal access for all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information or Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Aletheia House prohibits retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint, or otherwise oppose discrimination.