The Aletheia House is looking for a caring, energetic, qualified LPN MAS Nurse to work in our Birmingham facilities on a part-time basis. Area serviced is Jefferson County.
Office Location: 4246 5th Avenue South. Services will also be provided at 201 Finley Avenue West and 2772 Hanover Circle.
The LPN will review medications with clients to ensure they understand the name and purpose of each medication, and how often they should take it. The LPN will also maintain the Medication Administration Records.
- Meet with clients to review new medications
- Complete the Medication Administration Record (MAR) for each new client
- Update the MAR as needed
- Be on-call to respond to inquiries from MAC workers every three weeksKnowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of prescription medications
- Ability to communicate well with clients
- Nursing degree from an accredited Nursing program
- Current, valid and unrestricted LPN license by the State of Alabama, required.
- Minimum 1 year of experience as an LPN, preferred.
- Must be eligible to obtain MAS certification.
- Valid CPR certification and current TB skin test required
- Travel is required between facilities.
- Must be willing to use and have your own personal transportation.
- Mileage reimbursement for personal use of vehicle is included
$20.00 per hour plus $100.00 per week (when on call)
- Hours: Hours are negotiable and can be scheduled between 7:30am and 6:30 pm. The number of hours per day will vary but the total hours per week will be 22-29 hours.
Individuals who are interested should fax cover letter and resume to 205-203-4843, or send an email with one attachment including cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please insert in the subject line the following job code LPN-0275.
To be considered for the position, you must submit in one attachment the following:
• Cover Letter
* Please include both documents in one attachment to be considered for candidacy.*
Thurs, 03/28/2019 – 5:00pm
Aletheia House is a United Way Agency.
Aletheia House is an Equal Opportunity Employer, who fully and actively supports equal access for all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information or Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Aletheia House prohibits retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint, or otherwise oppose discrimination.