The Medication Assistance Supervising (MAS) Nurse is responsible for providing or overseeing all nursing care provided in Aletheia House Residential Treatment Facilities in Jefferson County. The MAS Nurse implements and oversees the Nurse Delegation Program including providing training to Medication Assistant Certified (MAC) workers. The position is based at the Bessemer Neighborhood Health Center and requires weekly travel between facilities to provide onsite supervision and monitoring at each residential treatment facility. The MAS Nurse works closely with the Health Center Director and Chief Operating Officer to accomplish the mission and service goals of Aletheia House.
- Assures that the Nurse Delegation Program meets all requirements of the Alabama Department of Mental Health (ADMH).
- Provides and/or oversees all nursing care provided to Aletheia House residential clients.
- Provides MAC worker training in accordance with ADMH curriculum.
- Supervises and collaborates with MAC workers at each residential facility.
- Assures that documentation and processes of medication storage and administration by MAC workers or self -medication by residents are in compliance with ADMH requirements.
- Completes initial nursing assessment on each new residential client and reassess client’s health status when changes occur.
- Assesses and documents each client’s ability to self-administer medications as prescribed by medical providers.
- Schedules or refers patients to outside resources for medical, dental or psychiatric care.
- Attends staff meetings and trainings as required by the agency.
- Obtains and maintains certification by the Alabama Nurse Delegation Program (training may occur once employment commences).
- Participates in on-call schedule to assure 24/7 availability to support and consult with MAC workers.
- Performs other related activities as assigned by the Health Center Director and Chief Operating Officer.
- Active and unrestricted license as a LPN in Alabama
- Ability to work independently
- Demonstrates strong verbal and written communication skills, and effective time management and organizational skills
- Dependable and reliable in attendance and task completion
- Provides services in a compassionate, ethical and non-judgmental manner
- Experience in psychiatric or substance abuse settings preferred but not required
Education: Associates Degree in Nursing or Diploma/Certificate from an approved LPN program.
$37,000.00 – $44,000.00
- Hours: F/T, Exempt, Monday – Friday – Total 40 Hours
Benefits are excellent including health insurance with dental, retirement, paid vacations and paid sick leave. We also provide educational opportunities that prepare counselors to become certified as Addiction Professionals.
Wed, 10/03/2018 – 5:00pm
Aletheia House is a United Way Agency.
Aletheia House is an Equal Opportunity Employer, who fully and actively supports equal access for all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information or Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Aletheia House prohibits retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint, or otherwise oppose discrimination.