The Aletheia House is looking for a caring, energetic, qualified Registered Nurse to work at our Bessemer Outpatient Clinic location in Bessemer, Alabama on a full-time basis. Area serviced is Jefferson County.
Office Location: Bessemer Neighborhood Health Clinic
The Registered Nurse provides nursing care and medication administration for Health Center patients. The Registered Nurse works closely with the Health Center Director, Director of Behavioral Health, and Chief Operating Officer to accomplish the mission and service goals of Aletheia House.
- Provide routine nursing care and medication administration for Health Center patients.
- Perform nursing assessments, drug screens and administer Clinical Opioid Withdrawals Scale for patients receiving Medication Assisted Treatment at the Health Center.
- Provide primary nursing support to Medication Assisted Treatment Addiction Recovery Service and provide back up support to family medicine service as needed.
- Oversee clinical practice of LPN/Medication Assistance Supervising Nurse for Aletheia House residential programs.
- Participate in call rotation to respond to medication questions from non-licensed Medication Assistant Certified Workers serving Aletheia House residential treatment facilities.
- To attend staff meetings and trainings as required by the agency.
- To perform other related activities as assigned by the Health Center Director, Director of Behavioral Health, and Chief Operating Officer.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse to practice in Alabama.
- Must be certified by the Alabama Nurse Delegation Program.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Strong verbal de-escalation skills and the ability to safely perform physical management techniques and crisis intervention.
- Must be dependable, organized with efficient time management skills, and demonstrate good communication skills.
- Must be reliable, following through on assignments.
- Ability to provide services in a compassionate and ethical manner.
- Ability to keep sensitive information obtained confidential.
- Local travel only required.
- Must be willing to use and have your own personal transportation.
- Must have a valid and current Driver’s License with a good driving record.
- Mileage reimbursement for personal use of vehicle is included.
- Nursing degree from an accredited Nursing program.
- Must hold an active, current and valid unrestricted RN license in the State of Alabama.
$44,000.00 – $52,000.00 annual salary
- F/T, Exempt, Generally, Monday 8:00 am – 3:00 pm, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, and Friday 8:00 am – 2:00 pm. Flexibility to work an occasional evening shift if needed – Total 40 Hours.
Benefits are excellent including health insurance with dental, retirement, paid vacations and paid sick leave. We also provide educational opportunities that prepare counselors to become certified as Addiction Professionals.
Individuals who are interested should fax cover letter, resume, and 3 questions with answers to 205-203-4843, or send an email with one attachment including cover letter, resume, and 3 questions with answers to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please insert in the subject line (RN-0242).
To be considered for the position, you must submit in one attachment the following:
• Cover Letter
• 3 Questions – Three questions are as follows:
1. Why are you interested in this position?
2. What experiences, skills and passions would you bring to this position that would make us want to select you?
3. Who is the person in your life who knows the most about how you would perform in this position and what would they tell us about you if we called them?
* Please include all three documents in one attachment to be considered for candidacy.*
Thurs, 11/08/2018 – 5:00pm
Aletheia House is a United Way Agency.
Aletheia House is an Equal Opportunity Employer, who fully and actively supports equal access for all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information or Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Aletheia House prohibits retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint, or otherwise oppose discrimination.