Aletheia House is looking for an individual who will provide HIV testing and HIV education to
program patients. The area served is Jefferson County.
The outreach/HIV specialist conducts HIV testing and HIV education on all Health Center
patients. The outreach/HIV specialist works closely with the medical services coordinator to
accomplish the mission and service goals of Aletheia House.
Location of Position: Bessemer Neighborhood Health Center
Office Location of Position: Bessemer, AL
1. Conduct HIV risk assessment on all eligible patients
2. Assist patients in developing a Risk Reduction Plan
3. Provide individual and/or group HIV education
4. Conduct HIV testing with Health Center patients
5. Provide linkage to care services for patients who test positive for HIV
6. Provide education about PrEP to health center patients and individuals in homeless
shelters and substance abuse treatment centers
7. Assist new and existing health center patients in obtaining PrEP
8. Work with providers of services for individuals who are experiencing homelessness to
conduct HIV testing, HIV prevention education and linkage to PrEP
-Perform other duties as assigned by the Medical Services Coordinator, Chief Operating Officer
and/or Executive Director.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
-Excellent writing, communication, organizational and time management skills with knowledge of
-Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel).
-Exceptional interpersonal skills to relate with program participants and resource providers.
-Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities.
-Ability to maintain harmonious effective working relationships with other employees
-Bachelor’s degree required
-Licensure or certification in HIV testing required
-Current or pursuing MAC certification.
-Valid driver’s license and a good driving record required
-Motor Vehicle Report required
-Travel as needed
-Personal use of vehicle required
-Mileage reimbursement available
$38,000-$40,000, Hours: 40
Full-time / Exempt, Monday-Thursday, 9:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Benefits are excellent including health insurance with dental, retirement, paid vacations and
paid sick leave. We also provide educational opportunities that prepare counselors to become
Individuals who are interested should email a cover letter and resume to
email@example.com, apply at: www.specialkindofcaring.org, or fax cover letter and
resume to (205) 203-4843. Reference job code: (OHS-0447).
Open until filled