The Painter is responsible for renovation of buildings. The Painter is responsible for painting and performing construction and maintenance such as carpentry, flooring, and general maintenance. The Painter works closely with the Maintenance Manager in order to accomplish the mission and service goals of Aletheia House.
Location of Positions: 135 Finley Avenue West, Birmingham, AL 35204, 4246 5th Avenue South, Birmingham, AL 35204, and 2772 Hanover Circle, Birmingham, AL 35205.
- To perform paint and construction repairs on agency buildings in a timely professional manner (i.e. painting, flooring, drywall, etc.).
- To properly document services provided in a complete, accurate and timely manner according to agency procedures.
- To report all unusual incidents that may involve program participants, colleagues, building or equipment issues to the Maintenance Manager.
- To maintain a safe working and living environment for program participants and employees by ensuring job safety and practicing OSHA regulations.
- To perform other related activities as assigned by the Maintenance Manager.
- Previous experience working within a Construction capacity in areas of painting, maintaining buildings, equipment, carpentry, flooring, painting, sheet rock finisher, etc.
- Ability to keep sensitive information obtained confidential.
**Must have your own tools and transportation**
- Part time, Non-Exempt
- (3 days per week) 8:00 am – 5:30 pm – 28.5 hours per week
Individuals who are interested should come into the office at one of the below addresses and complete an application between the hours of 8:30 am – 4:00 pm or fax to (205) 203-4843. Please reference job code: (CWP-0213).
Locations to Apply:
Aletheia House Aletheia House
2100 16th Avenue South, Suite 301 201 Finley Avenue West
Ash Building Birmingham, AL 35204
Birmingham, AL 35205
Fri, 10/19/2018 – 5:00pm
Aletheia House is a United Way Agency.
Aletheia House is an Equal Opportunity Employer, who fully and actively supports equal access for all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information or Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Aletheia House prohibits retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint, or otherwise oppose discrimination.