The Payroll Accountant is responsible for processing payroll and any other financial related duties. The Payroll Accountant works closely with the Chief Financial Officer to accomplish the mission and service goals of Aletheia House. Area serviced is Jefferson County, Alabama.
- Maintain and process payroll (full-time, part-time, and overtime hours), bonuses, information by collecting, calculating, and entering data.
- Updates to payroll records by entering changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and department transfers and allocations.
- Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages.
- File, pay, and reconcile Federal, State, and City taxes in a timely manner (monthly, quarterly and yearly).
- Reconcile and pay vendor invoices from payroll liabilities (AFLAC, Mass Mutual, Colonial, Protective Life, Guardian, GUL, Benetech, and United Way).
- Update Vacation and Sick Leave Balances
- Determines payroll liabilities by calculating employee federal and state income and social security taxes and employer’s social security, unemployment, and workers compensation payments.
- Processes garnishments, calculates year-to-date earnings, inputs missed punches into the ETC system.
- Resolves payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Provides payroll information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains payroll operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- To attend staff meetings and trainings as required.
- To perform other duties as instructed by the Chief Financial Officer, Chief Operating Officer, Director of Human Resources, Director of Behavioral Health, and/or Executive Director.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business related field.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years experience in payroll.
- Years of experience may be substituted for education.
- Ability to provide services in a compassionate, ethical manner.
- Ability to keep sensitive information obtained confidential.
$40,000.00 annual salary
- Fulltime, Exempt
- Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
Benefits are excellent including health insurance with dental, retirement, paid vacations and paid sick leave. We also provide educational opportunities that prepare counselors to become certified as Addiction Professionals.
Tue, 09/04/2018 – 5:00pm
Aletheia House is a United Way Agency.
Aletheia House is an Equal Opportunity Employer, who fully and actively supports equal access for all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information or Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Aletheia House prohibits retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint, or otherwise oppose discrimination.