Aletheia House is looking for an individual who wants to make a difference in the lives of individuals recovering from substance abuse. The areas serviced will be Butler, Crenshaw, Dallas, Lowndes, and Wilcox counties.
Location of Positions: Greenville and Selma, AL
The Peer Recovery Specialist is responsible to provide support and recovery oriented guidance to participants in drug courts. The Peer Recovery Specialist works closely with the Treatment Coordinator and the Director of Behavioral Health to accomplish the mission and service goals of Aletheia House.
- To establish and maintain an appropriate peer relationship with drug court participants.
- To administer GPRA tool to drug court participants at intake and discharge 6 months after admission.
- To complete and submit required documentation in a timely manner.
- Transport clients as needed.
- To attend staff meetings and trainings as required.
- To perform other duties as instructed by the Treatment Coordinator, Director of Behavioral Health, Chief Operating Officer, and/or Executive Director.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- At least two years in recovery.
- Must be able to become a certified Peer Specialist.
- Valid Alabama Driver’s License and good driving record required.
- Ability to keep sensitive information obtained confidential.
- This position requires daily travel in order to provide support and guidance to participants in the counties serviced and to attend meetings and trainings located in Birmingham, AL.
- Must be willing to use and have your own personal transportation.
- Mileage reimbursement for personal use of vehicle is included.
$28,000.00 – $30,000.00
- Full-time, Exempt, Monday – Thursday 11:00 am – 7:00 pm and Friday 8:00 am – 4:00 pm (40 hours per week)
Benefits are excellent including health insurance with dental, retirement, paid vacations and paid sick leave. We also provide educational opportunities that prepare counselors to become certified as Addiction Professionals.
Individuals who are interested should fax cover letter, resume, and 3 questions to 205-203-4843, or send an email with one attachment including cover letter, resume, and 3 questions to email@example.com. Please insert in the subject line one of the following job codes PRS-0252-A or PRS-0252-B:
To be considered for the position, you must submit in one attachment the following:
• Cover Letter
Fri, 12/14/2018 – 5:00pm
Aletheia House is a United Way Agency.
Aletheia House is an Equal Opportunity Employer, who fully and actively supports equal access for all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information or Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Aletheia House prohibits retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint, or otherwise oppose discrimination.