Aletheia House is looking for an individual who wants to make a difference in the lives of individuals recovering from substance abuse. The areas serviced will be Dallas and Wilcox counties.
Location of Position: Selma, AL
The Peer Recovery Specialist is responsible to provide support and recovery oriented guidance to participants who are court-involved adults. The Peer Recovery Specialist works closely with the Treatment Coordinator South and the Director of Behavioral Health to accomplish the mission and service goals of Aletheia House.
- To establish and maintain an appropriate peer relationship with drug court participants.
- To administer GPRA tool to drug court participants at intake and discharge 6 months after admission.
- To complete and submit required documentation in a timely manner.
- Transport clients as needed.
- To attend staff meetings and trainings as required.
- To perform other duties as instructed by the Treatment Coordinator, Director of Behavioral Health, Chief Operating Officer, and/or Executive Director.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- At least two years in recovery.
- Must be eligible to become a certified Peer Recovery Specialist.
- QPP and CRSS required
- Valid Alabama Driver’s License and good driving record required.
- Ability to keep sensitive information obtained confidential.
- This position requires travel every other weekend in order to provide support and guidance to participants in the counties serviced and to attend meetings and trainings located in Birmingham, AL as required.
- Must be willing to use and have your own personal transportation.
- Mileage reimbursement for personal use of vehicle is included.
$14.00 per hour
- Part-time, Non-exempt
Dallas: 1st, 3rd, and 5th Saturdays – 8:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Wilcox: 2nd and 4th Saturdays – 8:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
(15 hours per week)
Individuals who are interested should fax cover letter and resume to 205-203-4843, or send an email with one attachment including cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please insert in the subject line one of the following job code PRS-0272.
To be considered for the position, you must submit in one attachment the following:
- Cover Letter
* Please include both documents in one attachment to be considered for candidacy.*
Thurs, 03/28/2019 – 5:00pm
Aletheia House is a United Way Agency.
Aletheia House is an Equal Opportunity Employer, who fully and actively supports equal access for all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information or Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Aletheia House prohibits retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint, or otherwise oppose discrimination.