Aletheia House is looking for individuals to provide substance abuse prevention to program participants enrolled in Substance Abuse Treatment. Areas serviced are Choctaw, Greene, Hale, Marengo, and Sumter counties, Alabama
Location of Position: Choctaw, Greene, Hale, Marengo, and Sumter counties.
Office Location of Position: Demopolis, AL
The Prevention Specialist provides substance abuse prevention services, community activities, and wellness classes by continuing to engage in environmental and educational strategies.
The Prevention Specialist will also address availability and accessibility of alcohol, tobacco and other drugs in the targeted community. The Prevention Specialist works closely with the Community Wellness Coordinator and Director of Behavioral Health to accomplish the mission and service goals of Aletheia House.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Service, education, or related field required.
- Experience in SA prevention a plus.
- Prior experience in substance abuse treatment/prevention a plus.
- Some local travel required (3 to 4 times a week).
- Must be willing to use and have your own personal transportation. Mileage reimbursement for personal use of vehicle is included.
$36,000.00 to $38,000.00 annually
- F/T, Exempt, Schedule is flexible and will vary according to client needs: 8:00 am – 4:00 pm (primary) and 11:00 am to 7:00 pm (evenings and weekends may be required)
Total – 40 hours total per week
Benefits are excellent including health insurance with dental, retirement, paid vacations and paid sick leave. We also provide educational opportunities that prepare counselors to become certified as Addiction Professionals.
Individuals who are interested should fax cover letter, resume, and 3 questions with answers to 205-203-4843, or send an email with one attachment including cover letter, resume, and 3 questions with answers to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please insert in the subject line (PS-0259).
To be considered for the position, you must submit in one attachment the following:
• Cover Letter
• 3 Questions – Three questions are as follows:
1. Why are you interested in this position?
2. What experiences, skills and passions would you bring to this position that would make us want to select you?
3. Who is the person in your life who knows the most about how you would perform in this position and what would they tell us about you if we called them?
* Please include all three documents in one attachment to be considered for candidacy.*
Wed, 01/02/2019 – 5:00pm
Aletheia House is a United Way Agency.
Aletheia House is an Equal Opportunity Employer, who fully and actively supports equal access for all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information or Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Aletheia House prohibits retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint, or otherwise oppose discrimination.