Aletheia House is looking for a Program Manager who wants to make a difference in the lives of individuals recovering from substance abuse in the Birmingham, Alabama area. The areas served are Birmingham, Alabama with statewide focus.
The Program Manager is responsible for overseeing the daily operational activities and to provide daily program oversight for residential TX program for clients in SAMSHA funded project. The Program Manager works closely with the Director of Behavioral Health to accomplish the mission and service goals of Aletheia House.
- To oversee the daily operations of Healthy Living 2 project.
- Provide supervision for case managers and the project therapist.
- Provide appropriate resolution for consumer issues and concerns.
- Participate in the quality assurance process that periodically monitors clinical charts to ensure that documentation is compliant with DMH and other regulatory agency requirements.
- Serve as the liaison between Aletheia House and referral sources.
- To establish and strengthen relationships with potential referral sources throughout Alabama.
- To attend and participate in community based efforts and provide appropriate resolution for routine consumer issues and concerns.
- Facilitate meetings designed to improve the quality of services and report on the same and report outcomes and data to the Director of Behavior Health and Project Evaluator.
- Perform initial review of timesheets, time cards, purchase orders, leave requests and mileage requests from team members.
- Provide on-call consultation for after hour emergencies, as needed.
- Oversee the timely, complete, and accurate completion of documentation on all services in a clinically appropriate manner.
- Attend staff meetings and in-service trainings as directed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Behavioral Health, Chief Operating Officer and/or Executive Director
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge and experience related to the treatment of substance use disorders and co-occurring substance use and mental disorders.
- Knowledge and experience related to the prevention of substance abuse.
- Ability to lead a team with diverse members.
- Cultural competency in meeting the needs of HIV positive individuals.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Service field, minimum required
- Experience in SA treatment a plus
- This position requires local and statewide travel in order to develop community partnerships and to attend meetings.
- Must be willing to use and have your own personal transportation.
- Mileage reimbursement for personal use of vehicle is included.
$46,000.00 – $48,500.00 DOE
- Fulltime, Exempt
- F/T, 40 hours – Exempt–Monday – Friday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm – (Primary) some evenings required.
Benefits are excellent including health insurance with dental, retirement, paid vacations and paid sick leave. We also provide educational opportunities that prepare counselors to become certified as Addiction Professionals.
Individuals who are interested should fax cover letter, resume, and 3 questions with answers to 205-203-4843, or send an email with one attachment including cover letter, resume, and 3 questions with answers to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please insert in the subject line (PM-0239).
To be considered for the position, you must submit in one attachment the following:
• Cover Letter
• 3 Questions – Three questions are as follows:
1. Why are you interested in this position?
2. What experiences, skills and passions would you bring to this position that would make us want to select you?
3. Who is the person in your life who knows the most about how you would perform in this position and what would they tell us about you if we called them?
* Please include all three documents in one attachment to be considered for candidacy.*
Thurs, 10/25/2018 – 5:00pm
Aletheia House is a United Way Agency.
Aletheia House is an Equal Opportunity Employer, who fully and actively supports equal access for all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information or Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Aletheia House prohibits retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint, or otherwise oppose discrimination.