Aletheia House has several openings in our residential facilities. We are looking for individuals that want to make a difference in the lives of individuals recovering from substance abuse. All available positions are part-time positions. Area Served: Jefferson County.
Office Location of Position: Finley Residential, Birmingham, AL
The Residential Support Specialist provides residential support, supervision, and medical assistance to clients in residential and supportive housing programs. The Residential Support Specialist is responsible for appropriate supervision and day to day functions of our residential supportive services. The Residential Support Specialist works closely with the Treatment Coordinator, Program Manager, and Director of Behavioral Health to accomplish the mission and service goals of Aletheia House.
- Provide appropriate supervision of residential clients, including supervision of work assignments, meal preparation, and recreational activities;
- Responsible for conducting room inspections for compliance checks.
- Enforce program rules in a fair and constant manner;
- Properly document activities on clients and maintain other records as directed;
- Document and assist clients with medications to ensure proper usage.
- Transport program participants to NA/AA meetings, store runs, and other recreational activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Treatment Coordinator, Program Manager, Director of Behavioral Health, Clinical Director, Chief Operating Officer, and/or Executive Director.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. If applying as a peer, at least two years in recovery.
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience preferred.
- MAC certification eligibility.
- Valid Driver’s license and a good driving record required.
RSS, B’ham, P/T Patton,(F&Sat. 9:30p-7:30a &
RSS, B’ham, P/T, Patton, (M-F, 7a-12p), 0254D
RSS, B’ham, P/T, Patton, (M-F, 12p-5p), 0254E
Individuals who are interested should fax cover letter and resume.
To be considered for the position, you must submit in one attachment the following:
• Cover Letter
Fri, 12/31/2019 – 5:00pm
Aletheia House is a United Way Agency.
Aletheia House is an Equal Opportunity Employer, who fully and actively supports equal access for all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information or Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Aletheia House prohibits retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint, or otherwise oppose discrimination.