Aletheia House has several openings in our residential facilities. We are looking for individuals that want to make a difference in the lives of individuals recovering from substance abuse. All available positions are part-time positions. Area Served: Jefferson County.
Office Location of Position: Patton Building, Birmingham, AL
The Residential Support Specialist provides residential support, supervision, and medical assistance to clients in residential and supportive housing programs. The Residential Support Specialist is responsible for appropriate supervision and day to day functions of our residential supportive services. The Residential Support Specialist works closely with the Treatment Coordinator, Program Manager, and Director of Behavioral Health to accomplish the mission and service goals of Aletheia House.
- Provide appropriate supervision of residential clients, including supervision of work assignments, meal preparation, and recreational activities;
- Responsible for conducting room inspections for compliance checks.
- Enforce program rules in a fair and constant manner;
- Properly document activities on clients and maintain other records as directed;
- Document and assist clients with medications to ensure proper usage.
- Transport program participants to NA/AA meetings, store runs, and other recreational activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Treatment Coordinator, Program Manager, Director of Behavioral Health, Clinical Director, Chief Operating Officer, and/or Executive Director.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. If applying as a peer, at least two years in recovery.
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience preferred.
- MAC certification eligibility.
- Valid Driver’s license and a good driving record required.
0254-A: 9:30 p.m. – 7:30 a.m. Friday and Sunday, 10:30 p.m. – 7:30 a.m. – Saturday – Total Hours 29
0254-B: 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. 2nd & 4th Saturday and Sunday – Total Hours 16
0254-C: 7:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. 2nd & 4th Saturday and Sunday – Total Hours 16
0254-D: 7:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Monday – Friday – Total Hours 25
0254-E: 12:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday – Friday – Total Hours 25
0254-F: 6:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m. Monday – Friday – Total Hours 25
Individuals who are interested should fax cover letter, resume, and 3 questions to 205-203-4843, or send an email with one attachment including cover letter, resume, and 3 questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please insert in the subject line RSS-0254-A, RSS 0254-B, RSS 0254-C, or RSS 0254-D, RSS 0254-E, or RSS 0254-F (according to shifts/days/hours).
To be considered for the position, you must submit in one attachment the following:
- Cover Letter
- 3 Questions – Three questions are as follows:
1. Why are you interested in this position?
2. What experiences, skills and passions would you bring to this position that would make us want to select you?
3. Who is the person in your life who knows the most about how you would perform in this position and what would they tell us about you if we called them?
* Please include all three documents in one attachment to be considered for candidacy.*
Fri, 12/14/2018 – 5:00pm
Aletheia House is a United Way Agency.
Aletheia House is an Equal Opportunity Employer, who fully and actively supports equal access for all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information or Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Aletheia House prohibits retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint, or otherwise oppose discrimination.