Aletheia House has several openings in our residential facilities. We are looking for individuals that want to make a difference in the lives of individuals recovering from substance abuse. Area/County Served: Jefferson County.
The Residential Support Specialist oversees the SOAR residents and provides residential support, supervision, and medical assistance to clients in residential and supportive housing programs. The Residential Support Specialist is responsible for appropriate supervision and day to day functions of our residential supportive services. The Residential Support Specialist works closely with the Program Treatment Manager and Director of Behavioral Health to accomplish the mission and service goals of Aletheia House.
Location of Position: UP-SOAR Building
Office Location of Positions: 2717 Ensley Avenue
- Conduct BLS classes and other activities, supervision, transportation, and documentation.
- Provide appropriate supervision of residential clients, including supervision of work assignments and recreational activities.
- Responsible for conducting room inspections for compliance checks.
- Enforce program rules in a fair and constant manner;
- Properly document activities on clients and maintain other records as directed;
- Transport program participants to NA/AA meetings, store runs, and other recreational activities.
- Monitoring Visitor Hours and Visitor Log
- Monitoring Building
- -Outside Safety – Ensure no one is smoking in the front.
- -Client Safety – Ensure hallways are clear and classroom is tidy
- -Quiet Hours – Ensure people are not roaming the building or being too loud.
- Resolve any client conflicts.
- Complete log books – every hour.
- Use General Report Binder for any issues.
- Complete Fire Drills with clients.
- Answer client questions or concerns while at building.
- Transport clients to weekend activities suggested by Case Manager or Program Manager.
- Work his/her assigned shift as established at beginning of time with SOAR.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Program Manager, Director of Behavioral Health, Clinical Director, Chief Operating Officer, and/or Executive Director.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or individuals seeking to pursue a degree in any behavioral health field. Experience and any human services certification may substitute for degree.
- MAC certification eligibility.
Valid driver’s license and a good driving record required.
Travel: Minimal – Quarterly meetings
- Must be willing to use and have your own personal transportation.
- Mileage reimbursement for personal use of vehicle is included.
- Minimal travel required for team meetings, agency training, and quarterly meetings.
$12.00 per hour
Hours: Monday – Friday, 4:00 pm – 9:00 pm – 25 Hours
Individuals who are interested should fax cover letter and resume to 205-203-4843, or send an email with one attachment including cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please insert in the subject line (RSS-0282).
To be considered for the position, you must submit in one attachment the following:
- Cover Letter
* Please include all three documents in one attachment to be considered for candidacy.*
Thurs, 5/02/2019 5:00 p.m.
Aletheia House is a United Way Agency.
Aletheia House is an Equal Opportunity Employer, who fully and actively supports equal access for all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information or Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Aletheia House prohibits retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint, or otherwise oppose discrimination.