Aletheia House has an opening in our SOAR residential facility. We are looking for individuals that want to make a difference in the lives of individuals recovering from substance abuse. All available positions are part-time weekend positions. Area/County Served: Jefferson County.
The Residential Support Specialist-Weekends oversees the SOAR residents and provides residential support and supervision to residents in the SOAR supportive housing program. The Residential Support Specialist-Weekends is responsible for appropriate supervision and day to day functions of our residential supportive services. The Residential Support Specialist-Weekends works closely with the Program Manager and Director of Behavioral Health to accomplish the mission and service goals of Aletheia House.
Office Location of Positions: Birmingham, AL
- Provide appropriate supervision of residential clients, including supervision of work assignments and recreational activities.
- Responsible for conducting room inspections for compliance checks.
- Enforce program rules in a fair and constant manner;
- Properly document activities on clients and maintain other records as directed;
- Monitoring Visitor Hours and Visitor Log
- Monitoring Building
- Outside Safety – Ensure no one is smoking in the front.
- Client Safety – Ensure hallways are clear and classroom is tidy
- Quiet Hours – Ensure people are not roaming the building or being too loud.
- Resolve any client conflicts.
- Complete log books – every hour.
- Use General Report Binder for any issues.
- Complete Fire Drills with residents.
- Answer client questions or concerns while at building.
- Work his/her assigned shift as established at beginning of time with SOAR.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Program Manager, Director of Behavioral Health, Chief Operating Officer, and/or Executive Director.
- High School Diploma. Bachelor’s degree preferred or individuals seeking to pursue a degree in any behavioral health field. Experience and any human services certification may substitute for degree. Peers with at least 24 months in recovery encouraged to apply.
- Valid driver’s license and a good driving record required.
$12.00 per hour
- Part-time, Non-Exempt
- Two weekends per month: 7:00 am – 3:00 pm or 3:00 pm – 10:00 pm
- 16 Hours per Weekend
Individuals who are interested should fax cover letter, resume, and 3 questions to 205-203-4843, or send an email with one attachment including cover letter, resume, and 3 questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please insert in the subject line (RSS-0243).
To be considered for the position, you must submit in one attachment the following:
• Cover Letter
Mon, 11/26/2018 – 5:00pm
Aletheia House is a United Way Agency.
Aletheia House is an Equal Opportunity Employer, who fully and actively supports equal access for all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information or Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Aletheia House prohibits retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint, or otherwise oppose discrimination.