Aletheia House is looking for individuals that want to make a difference in the lives of men and women recovering from substance abuse. Area/county served is Jefferson County, Alabama.
The Senior Residential Support Specialist is responsible for appropriate supervision of residential clients at the Aletheia House and will provide overall recovery support and guidance. The Senior Residential Support Specialist works closely with the Treatment Services Coordinator and the Director of Behavioral Health to accomplish the mission and service goals of Aletheia House. Area / Counties served, Jefferson.
Office Location of Position:
St. Anne’s – 2772 Hanover Circle, Birmingham, AL.
- Provide appropriate supervision of residential clients, including supervision of work assignments, meal preparation, and recreational activities.
- Enforce program rules in a fair and constant manner.
- Properly document activities on clients and maintain other records as directed.
- Document and assist clients with medications to ensure proper usage.
- Help clients and participants obtain appropriate mainstream resources including, but not limited to food stamps, employment, medical, and dental services.
- Ensure housing stabilization, maximum levels of self-sufficiency, and overall better quality of life by maintaining frequent contact with program participants.
- Provide case management by the development of plans that address and identify issues in the areas of housing, employment, and other life functions. Maintain client files.
- Serve as an advocate for clients and participants with other service providers.
- Document the history of all services provided to clients in a timely, complete, and accurate manner. Provide summaries and reports as required.
- Make sure all required residential shifts are filled in a timely manner.
- Make sure all supplies and groceries are ordered within financial guidelines and approved.
- Attend staff meetings and trainings as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Treatment Services Coordinator, Director of Behavioral Health, Chief Operating Officer, and/or Executive Director.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. Peers with the ability to become certified as a Peer Recovery Specialist a plus.
- Substance Abuse Certification/Department of Mental Health Peer Certification with experience can substitute for degree.
- Current or MAC certification eligible.
- Valid driver’s license and a good driving record required.
$15.00 – $17.00 Per Hour
F/T, Exempt, Monday – Friday 1:00 pm-9:00 pm (40 hours)
Benefits are excellent including health insurance with dental, retirement, paid vacations and paid sick leave. We also provide educational opportunities that prepare counselors to become certified as Addiction Professionals
Individuals who are interested should fax cover letter and resume to 205-203-4843, or send an email with one attachment including cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please insert in the subject line (SRSS-0278).
To be considered for the position, you must submit in one attachment the following:
- Cover Letter
* Please include all three documents in one attachment to be considered for candidacy.*
Thurs, 04/11/2019 – 5:00pm
Aletheia House is a United Way Agency.
Aletheia House is an Equal Opportunity Employer, who fully and actively supports equal access for all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information or Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Aletheia House prohibits retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint, or otherwise oppose discrimination.