Aletheia House is looking for individuals to provide substance abuse prevention to program participants enrolled in Substance Abuse Treatment. Areas serviced are Blount, Bullock, Choctaw, Clay, Coosa, Greene, Hale, Jefferson, Macon, Marengo, Pike, Randolph, St. Clair, Sumter, and Talladega counties.
Location of Position: Blount, Bullock, Choctaw, Clay, Coosa, Greene, Hale, Jefferson, Macon, Marengo, Pike, Randolph, St. Clair, Sumter, and Talladega counties.
Office Location of Position: Varying
Length of Position: Temporary – Seasonal – May 23, 2019 – July 26, 2019
The Prevention Specialist will provide meaningful age appropriate activities to youth that teaches positive ways to care about their country, community, family, and themselves. The Prevention Specialist works closely with the Community Wellness Team Leader and the Community Wellness Coordinator to accomplish the mission and service goals of Aletheia House.
- Provide instruction and structured activities to youth ages 6-13.
- To provide education from an approved curriculum to participants in the Summer Prevention Camp program.
- Creating activities that focus on music, art, fun outdoor games that promote physical health and activity.
- Teaching campers how to make healthy nutritional choices by teaching them how to prepare healthy snacks.
- To conduct camp activities according to the direction of the Community Wellness Coordinator and/or Director of Behavioral Health.
- Participating in leadership training activities in addition to the summer prevention camp program.
- Document all services in a complete, accurate and timely manner.
- Report all unusual incidents that may involve participants to the Community Wellness Coordinator.
- To attend staff meetings and in-service trainings as directed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Community Wellness Coordinator, Clinical Director, Chief Operating Officer and/or Executive Director.
- Bachelor’s degree in social science field, social services, psychology, education, or other related field. Teaching experience preferred.
- Previous experience working with children of all ages.
- Ability to provide services in a compassionate, ethical manner.
- Ability to keep sensitive information obtained confidential.
- Valid Driver’s License and good driving record required.
- Rarely, only within respective KWC site location
- Must be willing to use and have your own personal transportation. Mileage reimbursement for personal use of vehicle is included.
$12.00 – $15.00 per hour
- P/T, Non-Exempt, Work Schedule varies: Monday-Thursday or Monday-Friday, Total Hours: Vary per County
7:45 am – 5:15 pm, 7:45 am – 3:15 pm, 8:15 am – 3:15 pm, 7:45 am – 1:15 pm
Community Wellness Prevention – KWC Camp County Staff Shifts, Dates/Addresses
*(Training Days: May 23rd, May 31st, and Make up June 6th 2019)
0274-A Bullock County: June 3rd – June 27th (Monday -Thursday 7:15 am – 2:45 pm)
• Address: 700 Bernard Street, Union Springs, AL 36089
0274-B Marengo County: June 3rd – June 28th (Monday – Friday 7:45 am – 2:15 pm)
• Address: 306 First Avenue, Demopolis, AL 36732
0274-C Coosa County: June 3rd – July 17th (Monday – Friday 7:45 am – 2:15 pm)
• Address: 97 CR 75 Rockford, AL 35151
0274-D Pike County: June 3rd – June 28th (Monday – Friday 7:45 am -1:15 pm)
• Address: 601 Union Hill Road, Troy, AL 36081
0274-E Jefferson County: June 3rd – July 26th (Monday – Friday 7:30 am – 12:30 pm, 1:00 pm – 5:30 pm)
• Address: 533 Sunhill Road NW, Center Point, Al 35215 (*Continuous 7:30 am – 5:30 pm)
0274-F Talladega County: June 3rd – July 25th (Monday – Thursday 7:45 am – 3:15 pm)
• Address: 1177 McMillian Street, Talladega, AL 35160
0274-G Blount County: June 10th – July 3rd (Monday – Thursday 8:15 am – 3:15 pm)
• Address: 420 Jim Street, Oneonta, AL 35121
0274-H Choctaw County: June 10th – July 3rd (Monday – Friday 7:45 am – 1:15 pm)
• Address: 277 Tom Orr Avenue, Butler, AL 36904
0274-I Macon County: June 17th – July 11th (Monday – Thursday 7:15 am – 2:45 am)
• Address: 101 W Price Street, Tuskegee, AL 36083
0274-J St. Clair County: June 17th – July 12th (Monday – Friday 7:45 am – 2:15 pm)
• Address: 3 Court Street East, Ashville, AL 35953
0274-K Hale County: June 17th – July 12th (Monday – Friday 7:45 am – 1:15 pm)
• Address: 513 Green Street, Greensboro, AL 36744
0274-L Randolph County: June 17th – July 12th (Monday – Friday 7:45 am – 2:15 pm)
• Address: 896 Woodland Avenue, Wedowee, AL 36278
0274-M Clay County: June 17th – July 25th (Monday – Thursday 7:45 am – 2:15 pm)
• Address: 711 4th Avenue North, Ashland, AL 36251
0274-N Greene County: June 17th – July 26th (Monday – Friday 7:45 am – 2:15 pm)
• Address: 429 WM Branch Heights Drive, Eutaw, Al 35462
0274-O Sumter County: June 24th – July 19th (Monday – Friday 7:45 am – 1:15 pm)
• Address: 1351 N Washington Street, Livingston, Al 35470
Individuals who are interested should fax cover letter and resume to 205-203-4843, or send an email with one attachment including cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please insert in the subject line (PS-0274-A-O) *according to county preferred.
To be considered for the position, you must submit in one attachment the following:
• Cover Letter
* Please reference position code and include both documents in one attachment to be considered for candidacy.*
Tue, 04/23/2019 – 5:00pm
Aletheia House is a United Way Agency.
Aletheia House is an Equal Opportunity Employer, who fully and actively supports equal access for all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information or Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Aletheia House prohibits retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint, or otherwise oppose discrimination.