Aletheia House is looking for an individual who wants to make a difference in the lives of individuals recovering from substance abuse in the Evergreen, AL area. The area served is Conecuh County, Alabama.
Office Location: 120 Rural South Street
The Therapist is responsible for providing therapeutic, individualized and comprehensive counseling and treatment services for individuals with substance use disorders. The Therapist works closely with the Treatment Coordinator West to accomplish the mission and service goals of Aletheia House.
- To provide individual, group and family counseling to clients who have a substance use disorder
- Conduct psycho-social assessments as needed; also conduct psycho-educational classes with clients and their families according to the approved curriculum.
- Crisis and family intervention and involvement.
- To serve as a liaison between the client and other service providers as needed.
- Linkage and referral; document all services in a timely complete and clinically appropriate manner.
- Attend staff meetings and in-service trainings as directed.
Perform other duties as assigned by the Treatment Coordinator, Clinical Director, Director of Behavioral Health, Chief Operating Officer and/or Executive Director.
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in behavioral health with a clinical practicum required. Licensure or certification is preferred.
- At least two years experience providing substance abuse treatment and/or prevention services preferred.
- Ability to be eligible to perform Medicaid approved activities
- Licensure and/certification as required by the Alabama Department of Mental Health (AADC/ADC Certification) preferred, or the ability to achieve licensure/certification within two years.
- Some minimal travel required (meetings/trainings or as needed).
- Must be willing to use and have your own personal transportation. Mileage reimbursement for personal use of vehicle is included
$38,500.00 – $42,000.00 annual salary (Depending on experience and licensure)
- Fulltime, Exempt
- Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm 40 hours per week
Benefits are excellent including health insurance with dental, retirement, paid vacations and paid sick leave. We also provide educational opportunities that prepare counselors to become certified as Addiction Professionals.
Individuals who are interested should fax cover letter and resume to 205-203-4843, or send an email with one attachment including cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please insert in the subject line (TH-0269).
To be considered for the position, you must submit in one attachment the following:
* Cover Letter
Tue, 03/26/2019 – 5:00pm
Aletheia House is a United Way Agency.
Aletheia House is an Equal Opportunity Employer, who fully and actively supports equal access for all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information or Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Aletheia House prohibits retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint, or otherwise oppose discrimination.