Aletheia House is looking individuals to provide behavioral health services to adults who have been diagnosed with a substance use disorder, including an opioid use disorder. The areas served are Montgomery and Selma, Alabama.
Primary Office Location: 1153 Air Base Blvd Montgomery, Alabama
Secondary Office Location: 900 Church Street Selma, Alabama
The therapist is responsible for providing psycho-social assessments, individualized, comprehensive counseling and treatment services for individuals who have been diagnosed with a substance use disorder or a co-occurring disorder to individuals in Montgomery, AL and Selma, AL. The therapist will provide individualized counseling 3 days per week in Montgomery, AL and provide psycho-social assessments to individuals seeking treatment for substance abuse disorders in Selma, Alabama 2 days per week. The therapist works closely with the treatment coordinator to accomplish the mission and service goals of Aletheia House.
- To provide individual, group and family counseling to adult men and women, including women who may be pregnant or post-partum, and/or adolescents who are receiving treatment for a substance use disorder or a co-occurring disorder.
- Conduct psycho-social assessments as needed; also conduct psycho-educational classes with clients and their families according to the approved curriculum.
- Crisis and family intervention and involvement.
- Completion of adult placement assessment
- Making appropriate referrals based on assessment information for the appropriate level of care for client
- Complete all intake assessment paperwork and submit for billing and review
- Provide assessment counseling to potential program participants
- To serve as a liaison between the client and other service providers as needed.
- To document all services in a timely complete and clinically appropriate manner.
- Attend staff meetings and in-service trainings as directed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the treatment coordinator, associate director of operations, chief operating officer and/or executive director.
-Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in Behavioral Health, Counseling, or Social Work with a clinical practicum required
-At least two years experience providing substance abuse treatment and/or prevention services preferred
-Ability to be eligible to perform Medicaid approved activities and become certified at a QSAP I level
-Licensure and/certification as required by the Alabama Department of Mental Health (AADC/ADC, LPC, LICSW, LMFT, LMSW) preferred, or the ability to achieve licensure/certification within 30 months
$43,000 – $53,750
F/T, Exempt – 40 hours a week
Monday, Wednesday, Friday 8:30 am – 4:30 pm, Montgomery, Alabama
Tuesday, Thursday 8:30 am – 4:30 pm, Selma, Alabama
Benefits are excellent including health insurance with dental, retirement, paid vacations and paid sick leave. We also provide educational opportunities that prepare staff to become certified as addiction professionals, licensed counselors, or licensed social workers.
Individuals who are interested should send an email with one attachment including cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, apply at: www.specialkindofcaring.org, or fax cover letter and resume to 205-203-4843.
Please insert in the subject line: TH-0579
* Please include both documents (cover letter and resume) in one attachment to be considered for candidacy. *
Open until filled