Aletheia House is looking for a therapist who wants to make a difference in the lives of women recovering from substance abuse in the Birmingham, AL area. Areas and counties served are Jefferson County and surrounding counties.
Location of Position: Women’s Hope – 2772 Hanover Circle, Birmingham, AL 35205
The therapist will provide counseling for substance abuse disorders, psycho-social assessments and group/class services to women. The therapist works closely with the program treatment coordinator.
- Provide treatment for substance use disorders to adult women or pregnant adult women
- Conduct psycho-social assessments as needed; also conduct psycho-educational classes/groups with clients and their families according to the approved curriculum
- Document all services in a timely complete and clinically appropriate manner
- Attend staff meetings and in-service trainings as directed
- Perform other duties as assigned by the treatment coordinator
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in behavioral health with a clinical practicum required
- Licensure or certification in behavioral health or AADC is preferred
- At least two years experience providing substance abuse treatment and/or prevention services preferred
- Must be eligible for approval as a QSAP 1
- Must have valid and current Driver’s License
- Motor Vehicle Report required
- Minimal travel required (trainings and meetings)
- Mileage reimbursement for personal use of vehicle is included
$43,000.00 – $53,750.00
F/T Exempt, Monday-Friday, 8:30 am-4:30 pm, 40 hours a week.
Benefits are excellent including health insurance with dental, retirement, paid vacations and paid sick leave. We also provide educational opportunities that prepare counselors to become certified as Addiction Professionals.
Individuals who are interested should do one of the following:
- apply online
- fax cover letter and resume to 205-203-4843
- send an email with one attachment including cover letter and resume to email@example.com, or apply at www.specialkindofcaring.org. Please insert in the subject line (TH-0432-R).
* Please include both documents (cover letter and resume) in one attachment to be considered for candidacy.*
Closing Date: Open until filled