Aletheia House is looking for an individual who wants to make a difference in the lives of individuals recovering from substance abuse in the Conecuh county area. This position is located in Evergreen, AL.
Office Location: Evergreen, AL
The Therapist is responsible for providing counseling and supportive services to men and women for substance use disorders, psycho-social assessments and TB education and testing to clients. The Therapist works closely with the South Alabama Treatment Services Coordinator to accomplish the mission and service goals of Aletheia House.
- To administer ASAM placement assessments to clients seeking TX for substance use disorder.
- Conduct TB test with clients
- Provide individual, group, family counseling to adult women and their dependent children.
- Conduct psycho-social assessments as needed; also conduct psycho-educational classes with clients and their families according to the approved curriculum.
- Document all services in a timely complete and clinically appropriate manner.
- Attend staff meetings and in-service trainings as directed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the South Alabama Treatment Services Coordinator, Clinical Director, Director of Behavioral Health, Chief Operating Officer and/or Executive Director.
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in behavioral health required. Licensure or certification in Counseling and Social Work or AADC is preferred.
- Licensure and/certification as required by the Alabama Department of Mental Health, or the ability to achieve licensure/certification within two years.
- At least two years experience providing substance abuse treatment and/or prevention services preferred.
- Medicaid knowledge required
- Must be willing to use and have your own personal transportation. Mileage reimbursement for personal use of vehicle is included. Minimal travel required for staffing, team meetings, agency training, and quarterly meetings.
- Must have valid and current Driver’s License.
$38,000.00 – $40,000.00 annual salary
- F/T, Exempt, Monday-Thursday, 11:00 am – 7:00 pm and Friday, 8:00 am – 4:00 pm – 40 hours a week
Benefits are excellent including health insurance with dental, retirement, paid vacations and paid sick leave. We also provide educational opportunities that prepare counselors to become certified as Addiction Professionals.
Individuals who are interested should fax cover letter, resume, and 3 questions to 205-203-4843, or send an email with one attachment including cover letter, resume, and 3 questions to email@example.com. Please insert in the subject line (TH-0246).
To be considered for the position, you must submit in one attachment the following:
• Cover Letter
• 3 Questions – Three questions are as follows:
1. Why are you interested in this position?
2. What experiences, skills and passions would you bring to this position that would make us want to select you?
3. Who is the person in your life who knows the most about how you would perform in this position and what would they tell us about you if we called them?
* Please include all three documents in one attachment to be considered for candidacy.*
Wed, 11/29/2018 – 5:00pm
Aletheia House is a United Way Agency.
Aletheia House is an Equal Opportunity Employer, who fully and actively supports equal access for all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information or Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Aletheia House prohibits retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint, or otherwise oppose discrimination.