Aletheia House is looking for a Human Resources Manager for the Birmingham, AL area. The Human Resources Manager works closely with the Chief Operating Officer to accomplish the mission and service goals of Aletheia House. Area served is Jefferson County.
Office Location: Ash Place, 2100 16th Avenue South, Suite 301, Birmingham, AL 35205
- Directs the Organization’s human resources activities in a manner that is consistent with the best practices of high performing nonprofit organizations and in compliance with applicable federal, state and local regulations
- Responds to managers’ and employees’ questions, issues and concerns related to human resources in a complete and timely manner
- Oversees recruiting and screening selection process to fill vacant positions. Oversee the on-boarding process for new employees.
- Oversees the off-boarding/termination process for departing employees
- Administers benefits programs such as life, health, and dental insurance, leave of absence, and employee assistance. Serves as the point of contact for outside vendors as it concerns retirement plans, worker’s compensation, short-term disability, etc.
- Oversees the maintenance, of employee records and files required by federal law or other governing bodies while maintaining employee privacy. Ensures employee licensure, training and certification records are maintained in compliance with regulatory agencies.
- Ensures Medicaid and other applications are submitted in a timely and accurate manner. Ensures timely notification is provided to supervisors and employees when licenses/certifications are scheduled to expire.
- Assists in the development, and maintenance of, human resources policies and the employee handbook. Ensures that policies, procedures and practices comply with applicable laws, regulations and best practices. Provides consultation to supervisors regarding the interpretation of, and administration of, the personnel policies.
- Oversees the development of new, and updated, job descriptions.
- Conducts workplace investigations when employee complaints or concerns are raised to ensure proper resolution of such issues. Assists the Chief Operating Officer, upon request, in conducting workplace investigations when recipient complaints or concerns are raised to ensure proper resolution of such issues.
- Assists outside counsel in defending the organization against accusations, claims and/or legal actions
- Investigates work related accidents and prepares reports for insurance carrier. Responds to employee injuries (Workmen’s Compensation and First Report of Injury) while providing the appropriate and supportive documentation in correspondence.
- Ensures that all worker’s compensation claims, FMLA leave requests, Department of Labor unemployment compensation inquiries, garnishment notices, drug screening notices, etc. are processed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assist evaluators and auditors during site visits by providing required documentation and files.
- Supervises the work of the human resources representative
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Chief Operating Officer and/or Executive Director.
-Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field
-Minimum five years of experience in the area of human resources
-Advance computer skills in MS Office products, particularly Excel, Word, and Outlook
-High attention to detail and accuracy
-Ability to work in a fast paced and constantly changing environment
-Non-profit and/or health and human service industry experience is a plus
$46,000-50,000 annual salary
F/T, Exempt–Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm – 40 Hours
Benefits are excellent including health insurance with dental, retirement, paid vacations and paid sick leave.
Individuals who are interested should fax cover letter and resume to 205-203-4843, or send an email with one attachment including cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please insert in the subject line (HRM-0370).
To be considered for the position, you must submit in one attachment the following:
- Cover Letter
* Please include both documents in one attachment to be considered for candidacy.*
Aletheia House is a United Way Agency.
Aletheia House is an Equal Opportunity Employer, who fully and actively supports equal access for all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information or Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Aletheia House prohibits retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint, or otherwise oppose discrimination.
Mon, 04/27/2020 – 5:00pm