Aletheia House is looking for a human resources representative for the Birmingham, AL area. The human resources representative works closely with the human resources manager and chief operating officer to accomplish the mission and service goals of Aletheia House. Area served is Jefferson County.
Ash Place, 2100 16th Avenue South, Suite 301, Birmingham, AL 35205
- Review resumes and distributes resumes accordingly for various positions
- Process various human resources reports related to training, CPR, TB, auto insurance
- Onboard new employees at the direction of human resources manager
- Maintain various human resources binders
- Assist employees with setting up emails and resetting email passwords
- Process and post new positions internally and externally
- Maintain filing for human resources including active and inactive documentation
- Breakdown inactive employee files
- Process background checks, E-verify, and Department of Labor for all new hires
- Enter payroll records into accounting system
- Post new hire photos internally as needed
- Enter employee trainings on spreadsheet and file certificates accordingly
- Maintain intern records
- Assist human resources manager with flyers as needed and assist with submitting data and photos for the company newsletter
- Perform other human resources related duties as needed by the direction of human resources manager, chief operating officer, chief financial officer, or executive director
-Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field
-Minimum two years of experience in the area of human resources – preferred
-Advance computer skills in MS Office products, particularly Excel, Word, and Outlook
-High attention to detail and accuracy
-Ability to work in a fast paced and constantly changing environment
-Non-profit and/or health and human service industry experience is a plus
$35,000-38,000 annual salary
F/T, Exempt–Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm – 40 Hours
Benefits are excellent including health insurance with dental, retirement, paid vacations and paid sick leave.
Individuals who are interested should fax cover letter and resume to 205-203-4843, or send an email with one attachment including cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please insert in the subject line (HRR-0397).
To be considered for the position, you must submit in one attachment the following:
- Cover Letter
* Please include both documents in one attachment to be considered for candidacy.*
Aletheia House is a United Way Agency.
Aletheia House is an Equal Opportunity Employer, who fully and actively supports equal access for all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information or Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Aletheia House prohibits retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint, or otherwise oppose discrimination.
Open Until Filled