Aletheia House is looking for an individual who wants to make a difference in the lives of individuals recovering from substance abuse.
The Residential Aide is responsible for appropriate supervision of residential clients at the Aletheia House. The Residential Aide works closely with the Residential Supportive Services Manager and the Clinical Director to accomplish the mission and service goals of Aletheia House.
- Provide appropriate supervision of residential clients, including supervision of work assignments, meal preparation, and recreational activities.
- Enforce program rules in a fair and constant manner.
- Properly document activities on clients and maintain other records as directed.
- Document and assist clients with medications to ensure proper usage.
- Provide appropriate supervision of residential clients, including supervision of work assignments, meal preparation and recreational activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Residential Supportive Services Manager, Clinical Director, Chief Operating Officer and/or Executive Director.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities.
- Personable and ability to work with internal and external customers.
- Ability to maintain harmonious effective working relationships with other employees.
- Requires the physical mobility to sit, stand, bend and walk for moderate periods of time.
- Requires the ability to operate a vehicle.
- Bachelor’s Degree in human services, social work, or any other related field, preferred.
- Current or pursuing MAC certification, preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and a good driving record required.
Job Salary: $11.00 per hour
Hours: Part-time (Saturday 7am-3pm and Sunday 7am-3pm) 16 hours per week
During the past several years, we have experienced significant growth. All of our supervisors have been promoted from within, so there is definitely an opportunity for outstanding employees to advance within the organization.
Individuals who are interested should come in to fill out an application, or fax cover letter & resumes to 205-324-7810, or send an email with a three-page attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line please insert (Weekend Residential Aide). The first page of the attachment should be a cover letter, the second page of the attachment should be a resume including detailed information about employment, internships, and/or volunteer experiences.
The third page should answer these three questions:
- Why are you interested in this position?
- What experiences, skills and passions would you bring to this position that would make us want to select you?
- Who is the person in your life who knows the most about how you would perform in this position and what would they tell us about you if we called them?
Aletheia House is a United Way Agency.
Aletheia House is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Closing Date-Time: Fri, 03/06/2015 – 5:00pm